How much do you really want it? I mean, how much do you really really want to change yourself so that you can have an amazing life? First, you need to know what you want out of life. Once you know what you desire for your life, it is time to take a sort of inventory of yourself. This means really looking at yourself. What are your strengths? What are the areas in which you will benefit from growth and self-development? (I do not believe in weaknesses, just potential areas for growth.) The more you are willing to grow, the easier making changes becomes.
Looking at oneself is not an easy feat. When you are truly willing to look within and see what makes up the wholeness of you, you will find two basic things. You will find your "darkness" and you will find your Light. As a whole human being, you have dark side, which if you have not yet seen within yourself, can be a scary thing to truly see and acknowledge. Just know that there is nothing about which to be scared. It is part of being human. What most people truly fear is their Light. Your Light illuminates your darkness (your cobwebs and the stuff you want to clean up) and reveals your purpose. It brings a responsibility to your life. Now that you know your purpose, you have a motivation and responsibility to change yourself so that you can fulfill your purpose. This brings us full circle.
It is a miserable thing to remain stagnant and not change yourself. Illness and disease develop. You might become an emotional wreck. It is imperative to your health to change yourself and develop yourself. I am assuming if you are still reading this that you truly want to change yourself. So hopefully you will never get to the miserable stagnant piece. Read carefully. Here are some tools that you can use right away so that you can make your desired changes. Do not be fooled by their seeming simplicity. They may seem simple, but implementing them will change your world.
1. The first tool for change is to take inventory of your life. What is working well and where do you want to make changes? Make a literal list of the areas in your life that are working well. Make a second list of the things that you are committed to changing.
2. Get support. Who are the people in your life that want to see you succeed? Let them know you want their blessing and support for the changes you want to make. If you have no one in your life like this, it is time to open yourself to meeting new people so that you can have the support you need to move forward.
3. Eat well. Eat whole foods that work well in your body. Eat slowly and chew your food.
4. Exercise. Move your body in ways that inspire and excite you. Physical movement gives your energy and clarity for making changes.
5. Prioritize. Focus on the most important changes you want to make and develop action steps to make your life happen.
6. Finally, appreciate yourself. Give yourself gratitude for having the desire and commitment to changing your life for the better. When you change yourself for the better, the impact it has on the world is immeasurable. You may never know the far-reaching benefits of the blessing you will be to others when you improve yourself.
Claim the responsibility to be a Light in this world. You owe it to yourself to be happy and to have an amazing life.